Role: Senior Account Director (Healthcare)
Location: Cambridge (Hybrid)
Aquent is excited to be working with a fast-growing global communications agency built around their passion for creative excellence and inspiring meaningful change.
As a Senior Account Director, you’ll play a vital role in helping our clients succeed by bringing together the best in audience services and the latest in communication and event expertise. Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Client Relations: Represent the company and our values to clients, partners, and industry events. Build strong relationships based on trust and respect.
- Strategic Leadership: Showcase your expertise by leading with strategic thinking. Understand our Audience strategic plan and contribute to Company growth.
- Account Planning: Develop account plans with guidance from the Country Head / Head of Accounts. Ensure account retention and growth, leading forecasting efforts.
- Understanding Clients: Dive deep into clients’ needs, challenges, and objectives. Gain insights into their organization and industry communication needs.
- Proposals and Presentations: Lead proposal creation and client presentations. Provide direction based on your understanding of client needs and Audience’s expertise.
- Team Management: Lead your account team, nurturing their growth and fostering a positive culture. Collaborate with other Account Directors for team resourcing.
- Project Leadership: Manage project teams hands-on, ensuring they understand and deliver on project goals. Keep projects within budget and manage client expectations.
- Learning and Innovation: Capture project learnings for future improvements. Bring innovation and fresh ideas to the table.
- Client Relations: You excel at building relationships and presenting new ideas to senior stakeholders.
- Experience: You have a solid background with 8+ years in communication and event management, ideally in Healthcare.
- Business Development: With 6+ years of business development experience, you’re skilled at strategic communications and event planning.
- Audience Engagement: You understand event marketing and audience engagement strategies, including digital methods.
- Objective-oriented: You help clients define objectives from an audience perspective.
- Network Builder: You’re adept at creating new networks and spotting business opportunities.
- Team Player: Your collaborative and cross-functional leadership skills stand out.
- Communication Skills: Your English language skills, both written and verbal, are excellent.
- Adaptable: You thrive under pressure and remain flexible and versatile.
- Deadline-driven: You have a proven track record of meeting deadlines and effective communication.
- Innovative: You’re not afraid to challenge the norm and come up with innovative solutions.
- Leadership: You’ve managed teams before and are comfortable leading others.
My client prides themselves on an inclusive and family-like culture. They put their employees to the forefront of everything they do and strive to do everything they can to make the agency a great place to work. They offer flexible working and have a great social and fun enviroment.
This role offers you the chance to make a significant impact on our clients and contribute to our company’s growth. If you’re up for the challenge and eager to bring your expertise to our team, we’d love to hear from you!
A global meetings and events agency, inspiring meaningful change for nearly 30 years