£86,9k - £95,7k pa pro rata (PAYE)
Mid/End October 2023
A Technical Artist is the key bridge between artists and engineers. Our client is currently looking for a passionate team member to closely work with a multidisciplinary team to build new cutting-edge social experiences in Augmented Reality.
This full-time role is offered on hybrid working basis (London based) and it comes with an hourly rate £41.78 – £45.57 ph pro rata (PAYE) – depends on location.
*Please note you must have experience with shader language and Unity or Unreal, or other real-time gaming engines
- Partner closely with the engineering and design teams to develop content across a range of devices and give feedback on Tooling
- Implement runtime logic within a complex real-time environment with performance limitations in mind
- Prototype, profile and optimize custom shaders
- Optimize content through enhancing performance and instructing the artists and designers on asset creation, modeling and texturing best practices
- Develop broad technical expertise to assist in a wide variety of technical and artistic tasks, including diagnosing and fixing bugs
- Quickly solve issues with cross-functional leads
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Design, manage and maintain the pipeline from artists and designers through to deployment
- Demonstrated expertise at understanding inner workings of a real-time game engine (Unity, Unreal, etc)
- Experience with game/real-time profiling and optimization techniques
- Experience with real-time scripting
- Experience in shader languages (GLSL, ShaderLab, HLSL)
- Experience shipping products with stringent runtime performance constraints, such as complex mobile or 3D applications or games
- Experience collaborating on multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience communicating across team members including engineers and artists
- Experience in real-time content authoring (characters/environments/VFX/animation/lighting)
- Experience working with version control systems (Git, Perforce, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of low level real-time graphics pipeline concepts
- Being passionate and informed about emerging technologies
- Self-motivated, product thinking mindset
If this sounds like you, contact the Aquent team today!
The next steps will be shared with shortlisted candidates by EOD Wednesday 20th August. Thank you for taking the time to apply.
Our Client is the largest social media company in the world. They have substantial B2B and B2C advertising and media platforms, as well as a nonprofit initiative. With the mission of bringing people together, they now boast over 2 billion users, and are rapidly developing as they influence the world around us.
Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity & is proudly an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from under-represented groups & are committed to providing support to applicants with disabilities. We aim to provide reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, to those with a medical condition, disability or neurodivergence.