£105k - £119k pa pro rata (PAYE)
Mid/End October 2023
The Concept Artist will be responsible for exploring and evolving artistic direction through visual development art, helping teams execute designs that will define the future of AR/VR. Client’s creative teams, spread across several exciting locations, are focused on creating content that invites users to engage in immersive, real-time experiences.
This full-time role is offered on remote working basis (UK based) and it comes with an hourly rate £50.61 – £57.40 ph pro rata (PAYE) – depends on location.
– Define and evolve artistic direction, vision and high production standard in the creation of products within the team in direct collaboration with creative, technical and production leaders.
– Support R&D and prototyping to reach creative solutions to technical challenges.
– Collaborate on the creation of style guides and related materials for internal and external teams.
– Communicate visual goals with cross-functional internal and external partners.
– Create production concepts and polished 2D marketing assets.
– Manage expectations for cross functional partners.
– Ability to collaborate and iterate based on the team’s needs.
– Shipped products in game development as a Concept Artist
– Ability to clearly articulate visual vision to a team of multidisciplinary contributors, technical artists, 3D artists, etc., to arrive at the desired visual goal.
– Ability to define and drive varied art styles, from stylised to realistic.
– Excellent knowledge of art and visual design principles and techniques relating to character and environment design.
– Strong understanding of art pipelines including: art creation processes (both 2D and 3D), technology requirements and advancements, trade-offs, and challenges associated with development.
– Strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines and expectations.
– Virtual reality experience (Rift, Vive, GearVR, etc.).
– Knowledge of emerging technologies.
– Knowledge of 3D software packages such as Maya, 3DsMax, Blender.
– Technical understanding of standard game engines such as Unity or Unreal and art pipelines.
If this sounds like you, contact the Aquent team today!
The next steps will be shared with shortlisted candidates by EOD Wednesday 20th August. Thank you for taking the time to apply.
Our Client is the largest social media company in the world. They have substantial B2B and B2C advertising and media platforms, as well as a nonprofit initiative. With the mission of bringing people together, they now boast over 2 billion users, and are rapidly developing as they influence the world around us.
Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity & is proudly an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from under-represented groups & are committed to providing support to applicants with disabilities. We aim to provide reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, to those with a medical condition, disability or neurodivergence.